Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

Pinterest has inspired me to make many crafty things on my own. It's a fantastic place to get ideas and this year I decided to home make gifts for teachers and our moms.

Teacher Gifts:

I must confess, I'm not an expert knitter. I'm just starting to get my feet wet on this whole new avenue, so I made these pretty simple. It's just a basic knit stitch over and over until it was long enough to fold over. Then I sewed the two sides together and slapped a button on them. For presentation, I got three empty coffee cups and taped a gift card to the coffee place on top!

Mother Gifts:

These are the yarn wreaths I made for my mom, mother-in-law, and step mom. They are thinner than your normal yarn wreath, but I'm happy with the way they turned out. I bought the wreath at the dollar store and then took three different colors of yarn and wrapped around until my arm was about to fall off. Then I followed a very easy tutorial on how to make felt flowers. I can't WAIT to give them to the moms!

I've been trying so many ideas from Pinterest and I hope to blog about all of them. Some have worked wonderfully while others have been disasters. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous job Bethany! I love the knitted coffee cozy! I just started knitting too; Pinterest has me totally captivated too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say I love Pinterest would be an understatement! I thought it was going to be intimidating and make me feel covetous...instead, I find it to be liberating and inspirational!
    W00T for you, Bethany for making such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee sleeves! We gave some to my sisters-in-law, but we bought them. I need to learn how to sew/knit so I can MAKE some! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found Pinterest, and I'm looking forward to using it for story board ideas . . . although I may also spend some time looking at craft ideas, health ideas, and . . . well, it looks like a great place to play.

    ReplyDelete