Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Big 3-0

Alright everyone, the inevitable is almost upon me. 30. The big 3-0. The time when I say goodbye to my youthful 20s and on to a more mature and wise decade. To say that I am freaking out is an understatement. Finding those two disco ball colored strands of hair the other day didn't help things either. I know I'm probably making this into a bigger deal than it should be. I know many have gone before me and survived, but freaking out over changing decades is a rite of passage thank you very much.

In an effort to cope with the fact that yes, indeed I am aging and indeed I am not as immortal as I thought when I was 19 going on 20. I've decided to celebrate my birthday in a month long process by taking the focus off of me and my feelings and turning them into something good.  My birthday is on Decemeber 28th and in the busiest month of the year I plan to do 30 Random Acts of Kindness in the community. I'm super excited about this. Like so excited I am starting to plan (not so random for this Type A Capricorn over here) many different things I can do each day in the month of December leading to my birthday.

I have a good list so far, but suggestions are welcome!

I'm going to try and blog each day/week to give updates on how it went. Not to be all, "Look at me and what I can do" but to share ideas we can all do to spread love and help make our world a better place. Please, when you read this and my future posts take me and myself out of it. It is not me doing these things. It's my faith in action. It's the Spirit working through me and in Christ's name. Everything we have is not our own so it is not me doing this, but Him working through me!

I desire to be the good and the change I want to see in the world. I can't think of a better way to ring in the next decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment